Easy Vegan Stirfry
For those days where you’ve had too many zoom calls but the thought of another takeaway doesn’t inspire your taste buds or your wallet. This easy vegan stir fry is protein and veggie packed – and if you’re a spice fiend like me it’s HOT.
– ingredients not approx, use what you think you need for your own appetite/family! Substitute whatever veggies you have/prefer.
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 medium sized onion. diced.
- 1 clove garlic. diced.
- thumb size of ginger root sliced thin and long
- 1-2 (or 3/4) chilies (diced) depending on taste or none at all if that’s not your thing
- 1-2 peppers depending on portions
- 1-2 carrots depending on size. sliced long and thin.
- cup of mushrooms. thinly sliced.
- a handful of broccoli florets. thinly sliced.
- seitan (seitan is made from vital wheat gluten and is high in protein. i used a jar by Yakso which is mildly flavoured) or tofu or whatever protein you prefer.
- couple teaspoons tamari
- salt & black peppercorns to taste
- rice or bulgurwheat or spiralised courgette – whatever and how much you want to serve it with
- sprinkle of sesame seeds
Heat sesame oil in large wok or pan on medium heat. Add onion and garlic and stir until soft and golden. Then add the ginger and chilies.
Add peppers and carrots and stir for 3 mins. Add some salt at this stage.
Add mushrooms and stir for 2 mins. Add cracked peppercorns.
Add the seitan/protein of your choice and stir for 3 mins.
Add broccoli and tamari and stir for 3 mins.
Serve on a bed of boiled rice or whatever you choose. Top with sesame seeds.
All ingredients can be purchased at either of our stores or online